So…we have this crazy trend now of everyone creating bucket lists and goals.
At first, I didn’t quite understand the point and as stubborn as I am, I may have silently refused to create one.
I am allowed to change my mind though and after some thorough thinking, I realized how cool a bucket list can be. Do I think most people are going to actually do all the items on their bucket list? Nope. Do I think I am going to do all the goals on bucket list? Absolutely not. Mainly because most of the goals are outside of my means. I am okay with that. But I realize now that a bucket list is so much more than a bucket list.
As I started creating my bucket list, I realized what kind of person I was. What I really find interesting, limits/fears I didn’t know I had, the kind of person I want to be, what is important to me and what I have no interest in. I think I’ve learned more about what I don’t want to put on my bucket list…than what I have put on it so far.
I don’t have many items but I have included mine below. Not really because you care, but because if I at least put it in my blog, I’ll be able to find it later 🙂
- Zorbing in New Zealand
- Hot air balloon ride
- Piano lessons
- Learn to line dance Done 2017
- Get scuba diving certified
- Ballroom dance lessons
- Go on a cruise
- Visit Ireland and drink in a real Irish pub – Done. New Years Eve 2017/2018!
- Visit Italy and spend an afternoon in a vineyard
- Shopping in Paris
- People watching in New York
- Trip to Australia
- Gondola ride in Venice
- Volunteer abroad
- Go snow skiing and stay in a ski lodge/cabin
- Publish a writing – Done 2003
- Visit every state in the US
- Do not eat fast food for minimum of 30 days
- Drive a dune buggy across the desert
- Attend a hockey game for my dad – Done 3/4/2017
- Travel cross-country on a train
- Attend a masquerade ball
- Unplug from technology for an entire weekend
- Get a full back tattoo –
- No soda for 30 days
- Learn to paint a piece of artwork – Done 4/7/2016
- Take a road trip – Just me and my dog and stay in random small towns
- Stay on an Indian reservation
- Own condo
- Monster Truck Jam – Done 3/11/2017
- Own my own house – Done 12/28/2016
- Learn how to drive a standard
- Quit smoking for at least 7 days.
- Quit smoking for at least 30 days.
- Go skydiving
- Go hunting – Maybe actually even get an animal!